An Open Invitation to Join my Pinterest Group Board for authors, readers and everything books
Recently I started a Pinterest Group Board – a community board for authors, writers, readers, books for children and adults and basically anything related to books. I’m dedicating this week’s blog to an open invitation for my readers to join my Pinterest Group Board. Follow the instructions at the end of this page on how to receive a personal invite from me to become a collaborator.
What is a Group Board?
If you are familiar with Pinterest you already know it’s a place where you can browse thousands of pins on an endless list of topics and save them to your categorized boards that you have created. Only you can pin to your own boards. Click on a pin and it takes you to the site where you can read about the topic of the pin.
A group board is basically like a categorized board but has been opened and allows other collaborators to add their pins to the board too. When you become a member of the group, you are able to add pins and in return repin other members pins to any of your other boards.
Here is a screenshot of some of my boards – my niche is anything to do with books and writing and as you can see I’ve broken it down into different categories. It pretty much works like a filing system. Anyone has access to the boards to repin whatever they like, but they can only leave their own pins on the ones that are group boards and a member. On this screenshot, you can see the board Authors-Readers -writers is a group board because of it has the circle in the lower left showing me as the group owner and other members.
Why Did I start a Group Board?
There are many reasons why I started a group board. In order for someone to join the board, they need to follow me and the board – thus increasing my followers, exposure to my pins and traffic to my website. Another reason that prompted me to start this board, is because it’s really hard to receive an invite to a board. It’s not an easy task. I have emailed many board owners in my niche, requesting to join their boards with no reply, so I decided to start my own. I promise you, all requests will be answered within twenty-four hours.
Why should you join a group board
There are many benefits to joining a group board:
- Grow your following – People tend to follow others in their same niche. When you are part of a group board, everyone is in the same niche and tend to follow each other.
- Increase traffic to your website – Pining your pins on a group board provides more exposure to the pins you have created and pinned on the board. Not only will the pins be seen by your followers but all the followers of the members too.
- Any easy way to be active on Pinterest – To pin regularly on Pinterest, you need to find pins within your niche to pin to your boards. Searching for pins can sometimes be time-consuming. If you belong to a board you have endless choices of pins within your categories.
- Meet other people within your niche – Follow other members and get to know those that share the same interest as you.
How to join my group board – authors, reading, and everything books.
There are three easy steps to becoming a member of the board
- 1. You need to follow me so I can add you. Here is the link that will take you to my profile. https://www.pinterest.com/tinahogangrant/
- Next, you will need to follow the board – https://www.pinterest.com/tinahogangrant/authors-readers-writers-everything-books-group-boa/
- Finally – email me a request to join, including your Pinterest email address or username. (I will need either one in order to add you.) Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Some other articles you may enjoy