The clock is ticking
It’s been a few weeks since I’ve given any kind of updates for my debut novel RECKLESS BEGINNINGS. So here is what’s going on.
- After going back and forth a few times with the publisher over corrections, the book formatting phase is finally complete.
- Next week we will begin the cover design. There’s an air of excitement and anticipation while I wait to see the final product.
- Finally, a release date for the book has been set. – hold your breath – drum roll, please! It’s October 4th, 2018. As I stare at my calendar, I see that it’s not too far away. Butterflies are beginning to stir.
Current tasks while the cover is being designed
While we go through the cover design process I have plenty to keep me busy. Does it ever end? The time frame for the completion of the book cover is around four weeks. During this time I plan on reaching out to other authors, and readers that are willing to review an advanced copy of the book. If this is something you’d be interested in, contact me
Location of Book launching party & signing
I met with our local library here in Frazier Park and they have agreed to host the book launching party and book signing. A date has yet to be set. I will post updates on this event as they unfold.
Other leads I will be researching are:
- websites that will be willing to host a cover reveal.
- websites/blogs that will have me as a guest to talk about the book.
- Reviews that can be quoted on the cover of the book.
- Prepare a custom press release to target specific media outlets.
- Reach out to book clubs to consider reading and discussing my book. Offer to attend the discussion via skype or in person.
- Seek other book signing events – bookstores, private parties, libraries.
- Reach out to podcasts for interviews
- Book a virtual book tour
Sites I am researching for reviews
Trust me the list will get longer but I think I have enough here to see me through the month. Phew! I’m exhausted just looking at the list. And I thought writing the book was hard.
AND let’s not forget, while I continue to promote “Reckless Beginning I am also in the beginning stages of writing book two, “Better Endings.” Currently, I am designating an hour a day to this project. I need more hours in a day!
If you’ve been following me since the day I signed the contract then you know this has been a long journey. Sometimes it has been so frustrating that I just wanted to give up and walk away. But I prevailed and stuck it out during those difficult times and I’m so happy I did. To see an idea that began over fourteen years ago, finally, reach this stage is such an amazing feeling. It has been worth all the headaches, tears of frustration and tears of joy and all the anxieties I have been carrying from the start. There’s still a long way to go and the work will never cease, but overall I’m thrilled that I will be sharing my story with you soon and I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Other articles about RECKLESS BEGINNINGS
12 thoughts on “Updates for debut novel RECKLESS BEGINNINGS”
Oh, Tina, I wish I’d known you when I launched Busted! Great job of promoting.
It’s certainly a learning curve LOL. But Michele, you will be so ready when your next book is launched 🙂
Congratulations, I can’t even imagine how excited you are for this. That is really awesome to hear! 🙂
Oh how exciting for you! September will be here before you know it!
I know! It’s going to go by so quick.
This is all so exciting for you!!!Congratulations that your dream is becoming a reality!
Thank you. Yes, it seems so surreal now.
Congrats on having a date set! I hope your cover turns out exactly as you’ve imagined!!
Thank you. I hope it does too.
Congrats on having a release date. That is so exciting!! I am writing a book and desire this one day in my life. So congrats again! So happy for you!
Madelain | http://www.wheremyheartwanders.com
Thank you and good luck with your book 🙂